PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE CITY OF ONALASKA'S RULES FOR MOBILE HOMES, BELOW
City of Onalaska, Texas
372 FM 356 South, P.O. Box 880, Onalaska, Texas 77360
Telephone: (936) 646-5376 Fax: (936) 646-2833
Permit Requirements for Mobile Homes when used as Residences
A permit is required to move a mobile home in the City of Onalaska. Mobile Homes manufactured after 1976 are required to have met HUD minimum standards for construction materials and construction design. A new mobile home or those not having been changed or remodeled do not require inspection of construction detail or electrical and plumbing installations.
- Requires 911 address
- Connection to WATER, SEWER & ELECTRICITY services appropriate agencies.
An inspection will be required for the following items:
- Foundation and setup
- Foundation site must be sloped to provide drainage away from footings.
- A vapor barrier installed beneath manufacturer home.
- 16” x 16” x 4” minimum base must be placed on undisturbed or compacted earth below vegetation and roots growth.
- 8” x 8” x 16” minimum concrete or masonry block set upon base. Lot sites sloping such that more than 3 blocks are required for level installation will be required to be doubled blocked.
- No more than six blocks will be approved with out concrete and steel reinforcements within blocks to footing and cross bracing.
- Tie downs are required minimum of every 8’ along length of mobile home with cross tie downs between foundation blocks more than 4 blocks high. (see www.tdhca.state.tx.us/mh/docs/rules.pdf)
- Skirting installed using non flammable materials that are resistant to termite damage.
- Master plumber is required to make connection to sewer line or installation of grinder pump & tank where elevation makes gravity flow impossible or existing system is a pressure system.
- There must be an accessible cleanout on building drain at point where connection is made to sewer.
- Drain line must be supported sufficiently to maintain uniform flow. It should be buried or protected against freezing.
- Potable water connection to service meter should have shutoff value inline near meter and installed with code approved materials. Water line should be protected against freezing.
- Meter service pole must meet Sam Houston Electric Cooperative requirements with proper diameter, depth. 8’ grounding rod installed and master disconnect.
- Wiring to mobile home is required to be installed in conduit for protection from mechanical damage and weather tight.
- Should have a weather tight receptacle of outside access.
- Air Conditioning
- External units must on level foundation that is not susceptible to water damage.
- An master disconnect for electrical service to AC unit.
- Any installed duct work must be protected from mechanical damage.
All permits are subject to permit fees adopted by City Council and in effect at time of application.
Currently adopted rate is $0.25/sq. ft.
CONTINUE TO TWIN HARBORS SECTION I DEED RESTRICTIONS